Established in Clacton-on-Sea in the early 1950’s. Campwood Press have always operated from our premises in Pallister Road.

The name CAMPWOOD PRESS was derived from the original founders Mr Camp and Mr Dashwood who established Campwood as a well respected printing business within the area.

In the 1970’s, Mr and Mrs Collins took over the business and continued up to 1983. Mr and Mrs Ricketts then took over. At this time, Campwood Press was solely a letterpress printer but Lithographic Printing was soon introduced, enabling much more varied work to be undertaken.

Christopher Frith joined Campwood in 1988 as a young School leaver. It is here where Chris signed up for a fully indentured 4 year Apprenticeship. This is how he learnt the trade and also gained a City and Guilds in Reprographics. In 1998 Mr and Mrs Ricketts retired and Chris took over the business.

In 2003 an experienced designer from London, Sarah Newton came on board to design all of Campwood Press’ artwork and became an important part of the Team. In working with the designer we have now structured Campwood Press into the Digital age.

In the last year Campwood Press has become Campwood Press Ltd. with 2 working directors in Christopher Frith and Sarah Newton.

With the brand new state of the art Digital machinery we can now.

  • Print in Full colour
  • No minimum print runs
  • campwood-logoScan files to Disc
  • Offer a copying service Colour or Black & White
  • Booklet printing
  • Fast turn around

We pride ourselves on the level of personal service we offer to all of our customers, and look forward to their challenges and opportunities presented in today’s digital world.

Campwood Press Team

 

 

Like Campwood Press? Tell your friends!